Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 1

I expected the first day to be atleast a little difficult but it went really smoothly. I made some of my fiber filled sweet potato soup.

Sweet potato soup

1 tbsp veg oil
2 cups of onion, diced
3 cups of carrots, diced
5 cups of sweet potato, diced
1 1/2 tetra cartons of low sodium chicken stock
1 can non-fat evaporated milk

sweat the onions in the oil until translucent then add everything except the milk. Simmer until the vegetables are tender. Puree the mixture then add the milk for an added creaminess.

I also made some chocolate muffins that I'm thrilled to say Haley LOVES!

Chocolate muffins

1pkg Betty Crocker lowfat Brownie mix
3 cups All Bran
3 cups water
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cocoa

Soak All Bran in the water for 5min. Mix all ingredients together. seperate batter into 24 muffin cups and bake in a 350 oven for 20-25min.

Neil just lurves all the added fiber bahahaha. I'll let him come and tell you all about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment